An otolaryngologist is a physician who specializes in disorders of the head and neck, especially those related to the ear, nose, and throat. Otolaryngologists perform medical diagnosis and treatment, as well as surgery of the head and neck, including endoscopic surgery. Weill Cornell general otolaryngologists treat:
- Infections of the ear, nose, throat (ENT), head and neck.
- Congenital and inflammatory conditions including hearing loss, dizziness, voice disorders and changes in taste, smell or swallowing capability.
- Sinus disease, with medical and surgical treatment including endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Snoring and sleep disorder.
- Injuries of the head and neck.
- Breathing disorders of the nose, larynx (voice box) or trachea (wind pipe).